Dr. Laura Davis-Keppen is a board certified Clinical Geneticist and Pediatric Endocrinologist practicing in Sioux Falls, SD. She specialized in the evaluation and management of children with developmental delay, birth defects, and suspected genetic conditions. She also sees patients with inborn errors of metabolism such a PKU and evaluates infants with abnormal newborn screens. In addition to medical care, at our clinic we strive to let families know of all services that available and help advocate for their child.
Education and Training
University of South Dakota 1978
- Distinguished Alumnus Award 2018 USD Alumni Relations Council
- Distinguished Service Award 2018 SD State Medical Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha 1978 Honor Medical Society
- Birth Defects
- Down Syndrome
- American College of Medical Genetics
- The American Society of Human Genetics
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Program
Dr. Laura A Davis keppen MD's Practice location
Sioux Falls, SD 57105Get Direction
Dr. Laura A Davis keppen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- Is My Child More Likely to Develop Autism if a Blood Relative Has Autism?
Autism characterized by impaired social interactions reduced verbal and non-verbal communication and stereotyped behavior and activities. These symptoms appear in early childhood and impair or limit everyday functioning.Autism and geneticsResearchers believe that both environment and genetics play a...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Dr. Harold Eugene Hoyme M.D.1305 W 18th St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Angela Myers M.D.1600 W 22ND ST SIOUX FALLS SD 57105
- Dr. Virginia P Johnson MD1310 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Cornelius F Boerkoel1205 S GRANGE AVE STE 510 SIOUX FALLS SD 57105
- Dr. Jason Lewis Picconi M.D., PH.D.1417 S CLIFF AVE SIOUX FALLS SD 57105