Dr. Kevin Vincent Quinn M.D.
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry1830 State Highway 9 Decorah IA, 52101
Dr. Kevin Quinn is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Decorah, IA. Dr. Quinn specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Quinn helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 1989
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
- The use of methyltestosterone to stimulate growth: relative influence on skeletal maturation and linear growth.
- A one-year, controlled study of the effect of low-phenylalanine diet on phenylketonuria.
- Enforced delay at delivery and its relationship to brain damage and mental deficiency.
- New experiment in glutamic and acid therapy: 24 cases classified as mental deficiency, undifferentiated, treated with glutamic acid for six months.
- Twelve months' study of glutamic acid therapy in different clinical types in an institution for the mentally deficient.
- [Not Available].
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
Dr. Kevin Vincent Quinn M.D.'s Practice location
Decorah, IA 52101Get Direction
Dr. Kevin Vincent Quinn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Quinn
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...