Dr. Santo Difino is a hematologist oncologist practicing in East Syracuse, NY. Dr. Difino specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology- 1981
- The use of neuroendocrine immunoperoxidase markers to predict chemotherapy response in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Adverse prognostic effect of N2 disease in treated small cell carcinoma of the lung.
- Phase II trial of extended indications for resection is small cell carcinoma of the lung.
- Histologic alterations in small cell carcinoma of the lung after two cycles of intensive chemotherapy.
- Recruiting cancer patients to participate in motivating their relatives to quit smoking. A cancer control study of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB 9072).
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Dr. Santo M Difino M.D.'s Practice location
East Syracuse, NY 13057Get Direction
Dr. Santo M Difino M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 7-year-old with Lymphoma Joins and Inspires Lacrosse Team
Sports have a way of bringing together families, strangers, and communities. All over the world people celebrate games and competitions and use them to lift people’s spirits and strengthen bonds. Sporting events are also frequently used to raise awareness about important causes, whether locally or...
- Arizona Firefighters Raise Funds for Lymphoma Stairclimb
Jackson County Fire District #5 partnered with Dutch Bros. Coffee in Phoenix, Arizona to help raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Scott Firefighter Stairclimb in Seattle, which took place at the Columbia Center on March 11th, 2018. All of the money raised for the stairclimb go to...
- New Study Discovers How Lymphoma Affects Survivors’ Ability to Work
Young adults in many countries pride themselves on their work. They have worked hard to get to where they are and there is a huge sense of accomplishment in joining the adult world and being able to provide for themselves and their new families if applicable. When cancer comes along, their ability...
- John Quinones Teams Up With Survivors For Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Many cancer patients suffer in silence, with the public being largely unaware of the different types of cancer and how they affect patients. Most people obviously know that cancer is well, a bad thing, but there is a lot of nuance and important information that is lost on the common citizen. Most...
- How Immunotherapy Makes a Real Difference in Relapsed Hodgkin Lymphoma
Hodgkin lymphoma, which affects about 0.2% of the people in the United States, is often treated using a combination of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and stem cell transplant. Sometimes these treatments fail to halt the progress of the disease, and in other cases the cancer seems to halt but then...
- Woman Who Battled Lymphoma Three Times Starts Support Group
Battling cancer is just that - a battle. To make it through once is an incredible feat, but one Virginia Beach woman survived the terrible condition three times. Now, she is starting a support group so other women can have the incredible outcome she had as well.Lynne's storyUnfortunately, most...
- Dr. Rahul Seth DO750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Stephen L Graziano MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Alicia K Bair MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Mijung Lee M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Jonathan Wright MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Aref Agheli MD114 Columbia St Corning NY 14830