Dr. Sarah Wakefield practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Wakefield evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Wakefield seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Sarah Mallard Wakefield M.D.'s Practice location
Shreveport, LA 71103Get Direction
LUBBOCK, TX 79430Get Direction
Sarah Mallard Wakefield M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Dr. Pamela Mcpherson MD1310 N Hearne Ave Shreveport LA 71107
- Dr. John Wagner M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Madhav Reddy Muppa M.D1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Manish Saran M.D.7591 Fern Avenue Shreveport LA 71105
- Dr. Leigh T Liles M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Aja Welch Menard M.D.2510 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop Shreveport LA 71118