Dr. Michelle Schenk is a general surgeon practicing in Pontiac, MI. Dr. Schenk specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Schenk provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
- The pharmacokinetics and analgesic efficacy of larger dose rectal acetaminophen (40 mg/kg) in adults: a double-blinded, randomized study.
- Rectal and oral acetaminophen.
- A randomized controlled double-blind trial comparing piritramide and morphine for analgesia after hysterectomy.
- Continuous veno-venous hemofiltration for the immediate management of massive rhabdomyolysis after fulminant malignant hyperthermia in a bodybuilder.
- Effects of sevoflurane and propofol on pulmonary shunt fraction during one-lung ventilation for thoracic surgery.
- Large dose acetaminophen reconsidered.
Dr. Michelle Renee Schenk D.O.'s Practice location
Pontiac, MI 48342Get Direction
LEHIGH ACRES, FL 33936Get Direction
Dr. Michelle Renee Schenk D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schenk
- What Is a Thyroid Biopsy?
In a thyroid biopsy, a small tissue sample of your thyroid gland is removed and then examined under a microscope to test for an infection, cancer cells, and other thyroid disorders. The thyroid is a small gland located in lower part of the neck, just below the larynx. The gland's main function is...
- What is a Sphincterotomy?
A fissure is the tearing of anal skin as a result of the overstretching of the anal opening by a big hard stool. Normally, sphincterotomy is related to constipation, chronic diarrhea (less often), inflammatory bowel disease or sexually transmitted infections that have anal and rectal effects. At...
- How to Prepare for a Laparoscopy
OverviewLaparoscopy is a type of endoscopic procedure that will allow doctors to look inside your abdomen using a surgical telescope. The telescope is known as the laparoscope. The laparoscope is equipped with a front camera that transmits the images captured in high definition to a nearby video...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- What Is a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoids result from the application of pressure in the anus and rectum. This pressure affects the flow of blood, resulting in the formation of swellings in the veins covering these areas, known as hemorrhoids. At times, the vessels may not allow blood to flow properly along these veins and the...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- Dr. Shivana N. Prakash MD43311 Commons Drive Clinton Township Michigan 48038
- Dr. Tafadzwa Makarawo MD16001 W 9 Mile Rd Southfield MI 48075
- Dr. Susan Joan Seman DO6900 Orchard Lake Road West Bloomfield Illinois 48322
- Dr. Semeret Munie M.D.2540 Rochester Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Ashley Sachtleben DO701 West Front Street Traverse City Michigan 49684
- Dr. Peter Korda MD1135 W University Dr Rochester MI 48307