Dr. Brett Emerson Fortune M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology12631 E 17th Ave Rm 7614 Academic Office 1, B Aurora CO, 80045
Dr. Brett Fortune is a gastroenterologist practicing in Aurora, CO. Dr. Fortune specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Fortune performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: a surgical perspective.
- Post-transplant survival is improved for hepatitis C recipients who are RNA negative at time of liver transplantation.
- Early weight changes after liver transplantation significantly impact patient and graft survival.
- The clinical and molecular epidemiology of pre-transplant vancomycin-resistant enterococci colonization among liver transplant recipients.
- Why Pursue a Fourth Year in Advanced/Transplant Hepatology?
- Corticosteroids Versus Pentoxifylline for Severe Alcoholic Hepatitis: A Sequential Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- Reply to Risk Stratification in Acute Variceal Bleeding: Child-Pugh Versus Model for End-stage Liver Disease.
Dr. Brett Emerson Fortune M.D.'s Practice location
Aurora, CO 80045Get Direction
New Haven, CT 06510Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10021Get Direction
- Study Finds Link Between Celiac Disease and Anorexia in Women
A recent study has found that celiac disease and anorexia are often linked and shared similar symptoms, in more than a few ways.The similarities between these conditions are physical in appearance, making it difficult to discern without medical consolation. To an untrained professional, anorexia...
- What Causes Jaundice?
Jaundice is triggered by excessive bilirubin levels in the blood. This is sometimes referred to as hyperbilirubinaemia. An abnormal level of bilirubin in the bloodstream and body tissues causes a yellowish discoloration of the skin, mucous membranes and sclera.Bilirubin is a yellowish substance...
- Understanding Celiac Disease: Miraculous Bananas and Scorned Gluten
Decades back, people suffered from many irrecoverable diseases. Some of these diseases are still incurable today. This includes the situation of a 74-year-old patient known as Lindy Redmond.At the age of three, Lindy had agonized from her terminal disease. She was weak, thin, and helpless. She...
- What to Expect After a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopic ProcedureA laparoscopic surgery is done to deal with abdominal organ problems. A small equipment known as the laparoscope is used to locate and identify defective abdominal organs. Small cuts or incisions are made in the abdomen and the laparoscope is inserted through the incisions,...
- The Emotional Challenges of Ulcerative Colitis
People typically don’t enjoy talking about any illness or chronic condition they’re living with. They may not enjoy talking about how it feels to have it and the emotional roller coaster it brings to life.There are millions of people living with colitis and not much awareness in the public or...
- Gluten-Sniffing Dogs for Celiac Disease Patients
When you think of a loyal and friendly pet, the first animal that comes to mind is most likely a dog. Countless are the things dogs can do for us. From military, sense of dangers, protection, guiding and as well as being our best companions, a dog has value on all sorts of levels. They are powerful....
- Dr. Mihir S. Wagh MD12605 E 16TH AVE AURORA CO 80045
- Dr. Stephen Freeman MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Stuart Kevin Amateau MD, PHD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Scott Biggins MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Rajasekhara Reddy Mummadi MBBS12631 E 17th Ave # Msb-158 Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Brian C Brauer MD1635 Aurora Ct Aurora CO 80045