Dr. William C Schrader M.D.
Orthopedist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery1 Perkins Sq Akron OH, 44308
Dr. William Schrader is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Akron, OH. Dr. Schrader specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system in children. As a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Schrader tends to childrens bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons can treat newborns to teenagers. Some conditions Dr. Schrader treats include gait abnormalities like limping, limp and spine deformities, broken bones and bone and joint infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1983
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine 1983
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- U.S. News Best Children's Hospitals - Orthopedics 2011-2014
- Femur Fracture
- Broken Ankle
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Orthopedic Surgery; Akron City Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Jewish Hosp Of Cincinnati, General Surgery
- Summa Akron City Hospital
- Akron Children's Hospital
- Methodist Health System Dallas Program
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery & Scoliosis Surgery: Scottish Rite Hospital, Dallas, TX
Dr. William C Schrader M.D.'s Practice location
Akron, OH 44308Get Direction
Dr. William C Schrader M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schrader
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- Reasons for Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of parts of your natural knee joint and replacing them with artificial parts known as prostheses. Knee replacement is a very common procedure used to repair your knee joint.Many conditions can make your doctor decide to...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Dr. John W Kemppainen M.D.525 East Market Street Akron OH 44309
- Dr. Todd Forrest Ritzman M.D.1 Perkins Sq Akron OH 44308
- Dr. Travis Norman Murray M.D.444 North Main Street Akron OH 44310
- Dr. Rhea Richardson D.O.1900 23rd St Cuyahoga Falls OH 44223
- Dr. Dennis S Weiner M.D.1 Perkins Sq Akron OH 44308
- Dr. Patrick M Riley M.D.1 Perkins Sq Akron OH 44308