Dr. Stephen Dunn MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric SurgeryA. I. Dupont Hospital For Children 1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE, 19803
Dr. Stephen Dunn practices Pediatric Surgery in Wilmington, DE. Dr. Dunn treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Dunndiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1978
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- 2012 Philadelphia Super Doctors
- Surgical Procedures, Transplant Surgery
Dr. Stephen Dunn MD's Practice location
Wilmington, DE 19803Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Dunn MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Dunn
- Lilliana, d.
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Dr. Matthew L Moront M.D.1600 ROCKLAND RD WILMINGTON DE 19803
- Dr. Abigail E. Martin M.D.1600 Rockland Rd Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Douglas A Katz M.D.910 Foulk Rd Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Sarah A. Jones sapienza MDA. I. Dupont Hospital For Children Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Charles D. Vinocur MDA.I. DUPONT HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN WILMINGTON DE 19803
- Dr. Erin Alexis Teeple M.D.1600 ROCKLAND RD WILMINGTON DE 19803