Dr. Fotios P Tjoumakaris MD
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine2500 English Creek Ave Building 1300 Egg Harbor Township NJ, 08234
Dr. Fotios Tjoumakaris is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Tjoumakaris is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
B.S. Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Anatomic double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- Subtrochanteric osteotomy effectively treats femoroacetabular impingement after slipped capital femoral epiphysis.
- Arthroscopic remplissage with Bankart repair for the treatment of glenohumeral instability with Hill-Sachs defects.
- The rationale for an arthroscopic approach to shoulder stabilization.
- Medial and lateral segond fractures in a skeletally immature patient: a radiographic marker for the multiply injured knee.
- Editorial: Complications.
- Suprapatellar pouch ganglion cyst managed with arthroscopic excision: a case report.
- The evaluation of arthroscopic remplissage by high-resolution magnetic resonance imaging.
- Fixation strategies to prevent screw cut-out and malreduction in proximal humeral fracture fixation.
- Comparison of arthroscopic osteochondral substitute grafting and remplissage for engaging Hill-Sachs lesions.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in patients aged > 40 years: a case-control study.
- Eminence-based medicine versus evidence-based medicine: is anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction optimally performed with the double-bundle technique?
- Humerus fractures at a regional trauma center: an epidemiologic study.
- Eminence-based medicine versus evidence-based medicine: when can the athlete with a sprained ankle return to play?
- Clinical Differentiation of Upper Extremity Pain Etiologies.
- Orthopaedic Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Experience & Accolades
- Associate DirectorOrthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Associate DirectorSports Medicine Research
Dr. Fotios P Tjoumakaris MD's Practice location
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234Get Direction
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210Get Direction
Manahawkin, NJ 08050Get Direction
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210Get Direction
Dr. Fotios P Tjoumakaris MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tjoumakaris
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Is Dehydration an Emergency?
Dehydration refers to excessive loss of body fluids due to various reasons. Under normal conditions, the body’s requirement of fluid depends on the weight of the body. When there is loss of fluid in the form of sweat, vomiting, diarrhea, or excess production of urine, one should replace the fluid...
- How Long Can Shin Splints Last?
Shin splints are a common condition that affects athletes and those who involve themselves in high-intensity sports and in sports like basketball, soccer, and tennis. Shin splints cause a very severe pain on the inner aspect of the shin bone at the beginning or at the end of each exercise. It is a...
- What Are the Warning Signs of Hypertensive Crisis?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a chronic condition that may lead to other complications, including organ damage, gradually over a period of time. The blood pressure may become very high and severe all of a sudden resulting in a condition referred to as hypertensive crisis. Hypertensive...
- How Is Sepsis Diagnosed?
Since the signs and symptoms of sepsis can be due to other illnesses, diagnosing sepsis can sometimes be hard. A number of tests are done to identify the main infection that causes sepsis.Blood TestsBlood samples can be taken from two different parts of the body to detect the presence of the...
- What Are the Symptoms of Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that spreads through the bite of certain ticks. The disease got its name from the town of Lyme in Connecticut where several children were diagnosed with this infection. The disease is caused by the spirochete bacterium, Borrelia burgdorferi. The ticks that...
- Dr. Charles Nicholas Krome D.O.24 MACARTHUR BLVD SOMERS POINT NJ 08244
- Dr. Bradford Schofield Tucker MD2500 English Creek Ave Egg Harbor Township NJ 08234
- Dr. Matthew David Pepe M.D.2500 English Creek Ave Egg Harbor Township NJ 08234
- Dr. Glenn Zuck DO547 New Rd Somers Point NJ 08244
- Dr. John C Baker MD2500 ENGLISH CREEK AVE EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP NJ 08234
- Dr. Victor Robert Frankel M.D.64 Central Sq Linwood NJ 08221