Dr. Chirag Jhaveri is an ophthalmologist practicing in Austin, TX. Dr. Jhaveri specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Jhaveri can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Jhaveri can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 2006
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Affiliate Faculty appointment, Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School 2016 - 2018
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology Texas A&M University of Medicine 2014 - 2018
- Vitreoretinal Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Tear
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Clinical Research Network
- Member Travis County Medical Society
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology: Second Year in Practice
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans 2007
- Ochsner Medical Center 2007
Dr. Chirag Dilip Jhaveri M.D.'s Practice location
Austin, TX 78745Get Direction
Austin, TX 78705Get Direction
Round Rock, TX 78681Get Direction
AUSTIN, TX 78705Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Chirag Dilip Jhaveri M.D. | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Chirag Dilip Jhaveri M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jhaveri
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- What is Color Blindness?
Color blindness is not a real blindness but a deficiency in seeing colors. People having color blindness can’t distinguish between certain colors, like red and green, or blue and yellow. The red and green color deficiency is the most common type of this condition.What causes color blindness?It is...
- Thomas T. Henderson M.D.3410 Far West Boulevard Austin Texas 78731
- Dr. Jose Martinez MD801 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Natalie Stanciu M.D.5656 Bee Caves Rd West Lake Hills TX 78746
- Dr. Maureen M Alexander MD4207 James Casey St Austin TX 78745
- Dr. James George Kalpaxis MD4005 Spicewood Springs RD Austin TX 78759
- Dr. Thomas Richard Walters MD5717 BALCONES DR AUSTIN TX 78731