Dr. Chirag Jhaveri is an ophthalmologist practicing in Austin, TX. Dr. Jhaveri specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Jhaveri can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Jhaveri can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 2006
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Affiliate Faculty appointment, Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School 2016 - 2018
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology Texas A&M University of Medicine 2014 - 2018
- Vitreoretinal Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Tear
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Clinical Research Network
- Member Travis County Medical Society
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology: Second Year in Practice
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans 2007
- Ochsner Medical Center 2007
Dr. Chirag Dilip Jhaveri M.D.'s Practice location
Austin, TX 78745Get Direction
Austin, TX 78705Get Direction
Round Rock, TX 78681Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60611Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Chirag Dilip Jhaveri M.D. | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Chirag Dilip Jhaveri M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jhaveri
- What Are the Side Effects of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are eye disorders that can be rectified through eye surgery, enabling you to avoid the tedium of using glasses and contact lenses to see distant objects and to read comfortably. In Lasik eye surgery, an excimer laser removes tissue from the cornea,...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- Rosacea: What is Light Therapy and Why is it Used?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that mainly affects women past their 30s. According to the National Rosacea Society, approximately 16 million people in the US alone are affected with rosacea. It is a very common problem, especially among fair-skinned people. Rosacea causes redness over your...
- What to Expect After Cataract Surgery?
As long as you are healthy, you don’t have any other eye infections and you don’t smoke, your cataract operation recovery should be without much ado. Research shows that several months after the surgery, most people get a positive outcome with better vision, clearer images and no other eye...
- What are Eye Floaters?
Eye floaters are small, moving specks on the eyeball that often occur in one's field of vision. These grey or black dots, become more prominent while looking at a bright object. If the floaters are large they may shadow vision, but in most cases, eye floaters are harmless. People often neglect or...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Thomas T. Henderson M.D.3410 Far West Boulevard Austin Texas 78731
- Dr. Jose Martinez MD801 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Mrs. Janet Andrene Lindsey MD3300 W Anderson Ln Austin TX 78757
- Dr. Sean Matthew Blaydon M.D.3705 Medical Pkwy Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Ruth Kimberly Keeland M.D.1700 S Mopac Expy Austin TX 78746
- Dr. Douglas E Lewis MD1700 S Mo Pac Expy Austin TX 78746