Dr. Ajit Pai is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in PARKRIDGE, IL. Dr. Pai specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Pai often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Dr. Ajit Pai M.D.'s Practice location
PARKRIDGE, IL 60016Get Direction
Dr. Ajit Pai M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- Anal Fissures: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Risks
An anal fissure is a the tear or ulcer in the anal canal’s lining. The anal canal forms the end of the large bowel and lies between the rectum and the anus.Symptoms of Anal FissureThe following are the most prominent symptoms of anal fissures:...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- Dr. Amy Halverson MD680 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Michael Francis Mcgee M.D.676 N Saint Clair St Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Joshua M Eberhardt M.D.Cleveland Clinic 9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Johan Fredrik Nordenstam MD2800 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis MN 55407
- Dr. Dana Michelle Hayden M.D.1700 W. Van Buren St. Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Theodore J Saclarides M.D.1725 W Harrison Chicago IL 60612