Dr. Julia S. Barthold MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric UrologyA. I. Dupont Hospital For Children 1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE, 19803
Dr. Julia Barthold practices Pediatric Urology in Wilmington, DE. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Barthold is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Barthold performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1981
Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine 1981
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Orthotopic urethral substitution in female patients using the mitrofanoff
- Results of the rectus fascial sling and wrap procedures for the treatment of
- Antegrade pyelography before pyeloplasty via dorsal lumbar incision.
- Lack of morbidity from urodynamic studies in children with asymptomatic bacteriuria.
- Long-term outcome based on the initial surgical approach to ureterocele.
- Ureteral reimplantation in infancy: evaluation of long-term voiding function.
- Surgical management of urinary incontinence in children with neurogenic sphincteric incompetence.
- Surgical complications of bladder augmentation: comparison between various enterocystoplasties in 133 patients.
- Bladder calculi in children who perform clean intermittent catheterization.
- The application of magnetic resonance imaging for the preoperative localization of nonpalpable testis in obese children: an alternative to laparoscopy.
- Testicular position in the androgen insensitivity syndrome: implications for the role of androgens in testicular descent.
- A simplified technique of upper pole heminephrectomy for duplex kidney.
- Controversies in the management of ectopic ureteroceles.
- Further experience with seromuscular colocystoplasty lined with urothelium.
- A technique for constructing an umbilicus and a concealed catheterizable stoma.
- Genitourinary Disorders (urinary System & Male Reproductive Organs)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
Dr. Julia S. Barthold MD's Practice location
Wilmington, DE 19803Get Direction
WILMINGTON, DE 19803Get Direction
Dr. Julia S. Barthold MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barthold
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Dr. Vance Moss MDCcmc One Medical Center Blvd Chester PA 19013
- Dr. Teodoro Ernesto Figueroa MDA. I. Dupont Hospital For Children Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Jennifer A. Hagerty DO1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Ahmad Hesham hussein Bani hani MD1600 Rockland Road Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Ricardo Gonzalez MDA. I. Dupont Hospital For Children Wilmington DE 19803