Dr. Timothy D. Hanna, DPM, FACFAS
Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) | Foot & Ankle Surgery1919 State Street Suite 104 New Albany IN, 47150
Dr. Timothy Hanna is a podiatrist practicing in New Albany, IN. Dr. Hanna is a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Hanna diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
Education and Training
Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine- Cleveland, OH D.D.S. 2011
Colorado State University BS 2006
Dr. Timothy D. Hanna, DPM, FACFAS's Expert Contributions
Can being overweight cause ankle pain?
Yes all physical stresses through your joints that are weight bearing will lead to increased pain eventually. This could be from arthritic conditions, most likely, but many other issues such as tendonitis or swelling. READ MORE
I would advise compression therapy like compression socks. Its very tough to answer without a physical exam but I would not advise getting on chronic narcotics. READ MORE
Does massaging your leg and feet help neuropathy?
It depends on the cause of neuropathy. For many of the causes of neuropathy, yes it will help a lot as well as compression stockings. If it is from reasons, such as a nerve impingement in your spine, then no. It will not help. READ MORE
What foot exercises can be done at home?
All of them READ MORE
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Chief Resident Foot and Ankle Surgery Norton Hospital Kentucky Podiatric Residency
- Sports Related Injuries
- Achilles Tendon Pain & Ruptures
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Foreign Bodies
- Tendinitis of Foot & Ankle
- Ligament Rupture Conservative & Surgical Care
- Diabetic Preventative Ulceration
- Ingrown Toenails
- Bio-mechanical Ankle & Foot Pain
- Ankle Sprains
- Bone Spurs
- Flat Feet /Painful Over-Pronation
- Children's Foot Injuries
- Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Toenail and Skin Conditions
- Orthotic Constructions
- Infection Treatment
- Board Certified American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery, American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Published Article, Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery
Dr. Timothy D. Hanna, DPM, FACFAS's Practice location
New Albany, IN 47150Get Direction
LOUISVILLE, KY 40207Get Direction
Dr. Timothy D. Hanna, DPM, FACFAS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hanna
- Recipes for Celiac Patients
Gluten sensitivity is real and it is serious. If you suspect that you may have a gluten sensitivity or celiac disease, please see a doctor to confirm that you actually suffer from eating it. Once you have been diagnosed, you must follow the ground rules of dealing with the disease when it comes to...
- Are Prenatal Vitamins Necessary During Pregnancy?
Vitamin supplements that are taken before, during, and after pregnancy are known as prenatal vitamins. These vitamins are similar to multivitamin supplements, but specifically cater to the nutritional needs of expecting mothers. It goes without saying that pregnant women are often encouraged to eat...
- Companies Want to Work with People Who Have Autism
In the United States, statistics indicate that as many as 80-90% of adults on the autism spectrum are either unemployed or underemployed. These poor outcomes are not the result of an inability among individuals with autism to demonstrate their competence and to perform job tasks. Rather, for the...
- 8-Year-Old Boy with Muscular Dystrophy Shares His Touching Bucket List
At just two-years-old, William Magee was diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Now 8 years old, and in the United Kingdom, William has already become an inspiration to many.In a recent article published on the Mirror, his mother discusses his severe progression of the disease and how William...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Dr. Angela Binns Didyk DPM4644 Chamberlain Ln Louisville KY 40241
- Dr. Benjamin Blodgett DPM200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Toritsenere B Onosode DPM4602 Southern Pkwy Louisville KY 40214
- Alan Keith Mauser D.P.M.2525 Bardstown Rd Louisville KY 40205
- Dr. Bradford Unroe DPM6801 Dixie Hwy Louisville KY 40258
- Dr. Brian Przystawski DPM, PSC4119 Browns Ln Louisville KY 40220