Dr. Amy Elizabeth Valasek M.D.
Sports Medicine Specialist (Pediatric) | Sports Medicine8322 Bellona Ave Suite 100 Towson MD, 21204
Amy Elizabeth Valasek, MD, MSc is a physician for Nationwide Children's Sports Medicine and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. She ...
Education and Training
University of Maryland School of Medicine 2005
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Sports Medicine
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- 2008
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics Council of Sports Medicine and
- Member, American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Medical Student Research Grant, Emergency Medicine Foundation 2002
- Musculoskeletal Surgery
- Musculoskeletal Problems
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Broken Ankle
- Stress Fracture
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Member American College of Sports Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University Affiliated Hospitals 2008
- University of Maryland Medical System/Sports Medicine 2009
- University of Maryland Medical Center 2009
Dr. Amy Elizabeth Valasek M.D.'s Practice location
Columbus, OH 43205Get Direction
Towson, MD 21204Get Direction
WESTERVILLE, OH 43082Get Direction
Dr. Amy Elizabeth Valasek M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Valasek
- How Can I Get Rid of Cellulite?
Cellulite is a problem seen both in men and women, though it is more common among women. These dimpled, lumpy patches of skin are seen in more than 90% of the women in the world, irrespective of their size and shape. Everybody is searching for the best way to get rid of these bothersome fat deposits...
- What are Fibroids?
What are Fibroids?Fibroids are muscular tumors that grow in a woman's uterine walls. Fibroids are also known as leiomyoma (leye-oh-meye-OH-muh), or myoma. In most cases, these muscular tumors are benign. Fibroids can grow as a single tumor, or develop into multiple tumors in the uterus. They can...
- Puffy Eyes? You Can Fix That
Eye bags, puffiness, dark shadows, and circles under the eyes are common concerns among women, according to many dermatologists and plastic surgeons. Even after eight hours of good quality sleep, eye bags may make you look exhausted. Valerie Goldburt, MD, PhD, a clinical assistant professor of...
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
Whether roasted or raw, walnuts are the best nuts and have an abundance of heart healthy nutrients. In a recent study, researchers compared the amount of polyphenols — the powerful antioxidants — in nine types of roasted and raw nuts. They also measured the amount of these antioxidants in two...
- What Are the Symptoms and Causes of Oral Thrush?
Infection of the mouth and throat by the fungus Candida albicans is known as thrush. The same fungus may infect other parts of the body, resulting in diseases like diaper rash and vaginal yeast infections. Candida infections are seen in children, older adults, and those with weak immune system. The...
- Tennis Elbow and Arthritis
How does tennis elbow relate to arthritis?There are various similarities and differences that connect these two diseases. In order to fully understand the relationship between tennis elbow and arthritis, the causes and symptoms of each needs to be examined.What is tennis elbow?Tennis elbow is a...