Mrs. Tammy Lynn Martin M.S. CCC-SLP
Speech-Language Pathologist2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD, 21015
Dr. Tammy Martin is a speech language pathologist practicing in BEL AIR, MD. Dr. Martin specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Martin evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Martin helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Tammy Lynn Martin M.S. CCC-SLP's Practice location
BEL AIR, MD 21015Get Direction
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Amy Bland2339 Rock Spring Road Forest Hill MD - Maryland 21050
- Ms. Patricia Lynn Banick MA., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Maureen Lefton-grief PH.D.600 N WOLFE ST BALTIMORE MD 21287
- Mrs. Heather Ann Disciorio M.S. CCC-SLP1611 HEMPSTEAD CT JOPPA MD 21085
- Miss Valarie Schreck S.L.P.7401 OSLER DR TOWSON MD 21204
- Dora Granato515 BRIGHTFIELD RD LUTHERVILLE MD 21093