Dr. Laurence R Kelley M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease15215 Shady Grove Rd Suite 306 Rockville MD, 20850
Dr. Laurence Kelley is a cardiologist practicing in Rockville, MD. Dr. Kelley specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Kelley also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1984
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Cardiovascular Diseases; Naval Reg Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Laurence R Kelley M.D.'s Practice location
Rockville, MD 20850Get Direction
Dr. Laurence R Kelley M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kelley
- How to Control Your Sodium Levels
A recent CDC report shows that many of the foods used in restaurants and foods sold in grocery stores have the potential to increase sodium levels in the body when consumed. Breads and rolls were noted to be the most important culprits among the variety of foods that do this. Some foods that...
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- The Diabetic's Connection to Heart Disease
Many already know that diabetes has a deep connection with heart disease, but a lot aren't sure about why or how. However, according to several studies, high blood glucose levels are a key contributor to this connection. High levels of blood glucose, or sugar, will often result in damage to the...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- What are the Causes of Heart Failure?
Heart failure refers to the condition where the organ fails to pump enough blood to different parts of the body to meet the demand. The disease refers to the weak pumping power of heart. In this condition, the rate of flow of blood through the heart is slow and the pressure increases. In most cases,...
- What Causes Deep Vein Thrombosis?
Deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, is characterized by the formation of clots, or thrombus, in one or more of deep veins in the body. Clots may develop in different parts of the body, like arms or chest, but are more commonly seen in the legs. DVT is a serious condition as the blood clot may move to...
- Dr. Nelson Lim Bernardo M.D.110 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Bryan H. Curry2041 Georgia Avenue Washington District of Columbia 20060
- Dr. Bryan Raybuck M.D.8505 Arlington Blvd Fairfax Virginia 22031
- Mrs. Georgia S. Willie-Carnegie MD2041 Georgia Avenue, N.W Washington District of Columbia 20060
- Mrs. Stephanie Schwalm Jacobs M.D.2002 Medical Parkway Annapolis Maryland 21401
- Tarek Abou-Ghazala3824 Highland Oaks Drive Fairfax Virginia 22033