Dr. Melissa Renee Chambers MD
Neurosurgeon619 19th Street South Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Melissa Chambers practices Neurological Surgery in Birmingham, AL. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Chambers prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Med, General Surgery
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center 1997
Dr. Melissa Renee Chambers MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Melissa Renee Chambers MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chambers
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Barton L Guthrie MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Curtis Rozzelle M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Patrick R Pritchard MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Swaid Nofal Swaid M.D.513 Brookwood Blvd Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Robert Quenton Craddock M.D.513 Brookwood Blvd Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Holly Ann Zywicke MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249