Dr. Norman Dishotsky is a psychiatrist practicing in Stanford, CA. Dr. Dishotsky is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Dishotsky diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Dishotsky may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Dishotsky treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1966
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1966
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Psychiatry; Herrick Hosp Hlth Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Norman Dishotsky MD's Practice location
Stanford, CA 94305Get Direction
Dr. Norman Dishotsky MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- What Is Celexa and Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
Anxiety and depression are medical conditions associated with the brain. While the complexities of these conditions are highly intense, in simple language, they are referred to as chemical imbalances in the brain. The most common medications used when it comes to the treatment of depression and...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Nymphomania: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
Nymphomania is a mental disorder. The person shows characteristic compulsive sexual behavior. Compulsive means unwanted actions and rituals. The person repeatedly engages in it without getting any pleasure out of it, or the person is unable to control the behaviors. A person with nymphomania acts...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- Pristiq vs. Effexor
Pristiq and Effexor are medications that have similar compositions and are produced by the same manufacturing company. Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) is an antidepressant, which has been recently approved by the FDA. The composition of Pristiq is similar to Wyeth’s existing antidepressant. The patent...
- Dr. Vasdeep S. Kahlon M.D.662 Mowry Avenue Fremont California 94536
- Dr. Stanley E. Fischman M.D.2485 Hospital Drive Mountain View California 94040
- Dr. Sara Gandy M.D.401 Quarry Road Stanford California 94305
- Tammy Christine Saah2039 Forest Ave San Jose CA 95128
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.2275 Arlington Dr San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Mali A. Mann MD550 Hamilton Avenue Palo Alto California 94301