Dr. Matthew Doty practices Emergency Medicine in Pella, IA. Dr. Doty assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Doty examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1998
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1998
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Central Ia Hlth Sys/Ia Luthera, Family Medicine
- Central Iowa Health System (Iowa Lutheran Hospital) Program
Dr. Matthew K. Doty M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Matthew K. Doty M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- Dr. Andrew M Frost DO1229 C Ave E Oskaloosa IA 52577
- Dr. Ryan J Thoreson DO405 Monroe St Pella IA 50219
- Dr. Deborah R Nielsendejong MD1229 C Ave E Oskaloosa IA 52577
- Dr. Mohan S. Akella MD1501 Ridge Crest Ct Knoxville IA 50138
- Dr. Kymberly J Life DO1229 C Ave E Oskaloosa IA 52577
- Dr. Susan Elizabeth Harte D.O.10200 Park Meadows Dr Unit 1336 Lone Tree CO 80124