Dr. Michael Fowler is an anesthesiologist practicing in Richmond, VA. Dr. Fowler ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Fowler also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
St George',s University Medicine
St. George's University School of Medicine 2001
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- 2008
- Regional Anesthesia
- Va Commonwealth Univ Hlth Sys, Anesthesiology
- Virginia Commonwealth University 2005
Dr. Michael A Fowler MD's Practice location
Dr. Michael A Fowler MD's reviewsWrite Review
- University Dance Promotes Cystic Fibrosis Awareness
Cystic fibrosis is considered incurable, and is a daily struggle for all of those who have it. Constant research is being poured into finding better treatment, and potentially even a cure, but Rowan's Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is putting their own spin (literally) on...
- Recovering From Hernia Surgery
There are various types of Hernia and depending on which type you have been affected by, recovery from surgery is dependent on that, among other factors.For hernias, the usual treatment option that most patients go through is a conventional hernia repair surgery which is known as a herniorrhaphy....
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Lolanda Russo-Menna MD1250 East Marshall Street Richmond Virginia 23298
- Dr. Jay L Napoleon M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Lynwood R. Stallings M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Catherine L Cooper MD1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Joanne C Hudson MD1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Mitsuru Nakatsuka M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298