Dr. Karen Simpson is a pediatrician practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Simpson is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Simpson diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Simpson can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of West Indies, Fac Med Sci, Kingston, Jamaic MD
University of the West Indies Faculty of Medical Sciences 1997
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Adolescent Medicine
- Eating Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Food Allergies
- Menstrual Cramps
Dr. Karen Elizabeth Simpson MD's Practice location
Washington, DC 20010Get Direction
Baton Rouge, LA 70806Get Direction
Dr. Karen Elizabeth Simpson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Simpson
- Friendly Venues Accommodate Guests on The Autism Spectrum
Children on the autism spectrum are often sensitive to bright lights and loud noises. They also tend to find it difficult to remain still or quiet. This is why for a majority of families with a child on the autism spectrum, going out to a restaurant is an overwhelming and daunting proposition. Let...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- Is Mumps Preventable?
Mumps is a highly contagious infection caused by a certain virus. It can easily be spread from one person to another; therefore, prevention is very important. The MMR vaccine is the surest way to prevent mumps. Common symptoms associated with mumps include painful inflammation on the cheeks or...
- What Should I Do if My Child Wets the Bed?
Many studies have uncovered the reasons behind bedwetting and what can be done for improving the condition in children. A report on bedwetting mentions the common misconceptions about bedwetting and the progress in finding the cause and treatment of this condition.Darcie Kiddoo, MD, associate...
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.4900 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20016
- Sawsan Attia Talib5791 Winston Court Alexandria Virginia 22311
- Bahman Shahin8294 A Old Courthouse Road Vienna Virginia 22182
- Dr. Kenneth Michael Hoffman M.D., M.P.H.121 Old Solomans Island Road Annapolis Maryland 21401
- Ildiko V. Kunos3800 Resevoir Road Northwest Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Kadan C. Sau M.D.2415 Musgrove Road Silver Spring Maryland 20904