Dr. Peter Silberstein is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Silberstein specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1979
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- Spontaneous (pathological) splenic rupture in a blastic variant of mantle cell lymphoma: a case report and literature review.
- Regression of colorectal adenomas with intravenous cytotoxic chemotherapy in a patient with familial adenomatous polyposis.
- Lorazepam, diphenhydramine, and haloperidol transdermal gel for rescue from chemotherapy-induced nausea/vomiting: results of two pilot trials.
- Palliative chemotherapy: an outdated term for life-prolonging systemic therapies for incurable malignancies.
- Clinicopathologic factors associated with lymph node retrieval in resectable colon cancer: a Veterans' Affairs Central Cancer Registry (VACCR) database analysis.
- Effect of palliative care services on the aggressiveness of end-of-life care in the Veteran's Affairs cancer population.
- Assessment of prognostic factors after primary tumor resection in metastatic colon cancer patients: a Veteran's Affairs Central Cancer Registry (VACCR) analysis, 1995-2008.
- Association between race and survival of patients with non--small-cell lung cancer in the United States veterans affairs population.
- Effect of Surgical Intervention on Survival of Patients With Clinical N2 Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A Veterans' Affairs Central Cancer Registry (VACCR) Database Analysis.
- Effect of smoking on survival from non-small cell lung cancer: a retrospective Veterans' Affairs Central Cancer Registry (VACCR) cohort analysis.
- Clinicopathologic characteristics and management trends of cutaneous invasive and in situ melanoma in older patients: a retrospective analysis of the National Cancer Data Base.
- Double-Hit Lymphoma.
- Systemic therapy in stage IV pancreatic cancer: a population-based analysis using the National Cancer Data Base.
- Chemotherapy use in stage III colon cancer: a National Cancer Database analysis.
- Trends in the use of radiation therapy for stage IIA prostate cancer from 2004 to 2013: a retrospective analysis using the National Cancer Database.
- Prostate Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Oral Surgery Procedures
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Of Mn Affil Hosps, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Internal Medicine
- University of Minnesota Program
Dr. Peter T. Silberstein M.D.'s Practice location
Omaha, NE 68131Get Direction
Dr. Peter T. Silberstein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Superheroes Unite For Elementary Student Fighting Lymphoma
Anyone diagnosed with cancer knows how terrifying and debilitating the news can be. Now just imagine how horrible an experience it would be for an elementary school student to hear that they have cancer.It is a sad fact that thousands of children are diagnosed with cancer every year, and it is...
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- The Link Between Lymphoma Radiotherapy and Mesothelioma
One of the more common forms of treatment for lymphoma is radiotherapy. This involves using radiation to kill the cancer cells in the lymph nodes. New studies have produced concerning findings regarding radiation therapy, and point towards another induced risk of using the practice.The StudyThe...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- Mr. T's Lessons on Life and Lymphoma
There are several things that Mr. T is known for, including his career as a WWF wrestler and his role as B.A. Baracus in the hit series ‘The A-Team’. To this day, he continues to remain a fun and stylish icon of the 80s. Nevertheless, Mr. T is not only known for his appearances on television,...
- Dr. Apar kishor Ganti MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Mojtaba Akhtari M.D.988102 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Julie M Vose MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Susan A Kambhu M.D.4242 Farnam St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. James O Armitage MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Stephan Thome M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905