Dr. Ravi Gutta is an ophthalmologist practicing in Woodland Hills, CA. Dr. Gutta specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Gutta can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Gutta can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1996
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Wm Beaumont Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Ravi Gutta MD's Practice location
Woodland Hills, CA 91367Get Direction
Dr. Ravi Gutta MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gutta
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- Dr. D. Michael Colvard M.D.5363 Balboa Blvd Encino CA 91316
- Dr. Jamshyd David Karlin M.D.7301 Medical Center Dr West Hills CA 91307
- Dr. Morgan Huang MD650 W. Duarte Rd Arcadia CA 91007
- Sadiqa K. Stelzner MD1908 Santa Monica Blvd. Santa Monica California 90404
- Dr. Afshin James Khodabakhsh MD416 N Bedford Dr Beverly Hills CA 90210
- Dr. Natalia Tilki D.O.16260 Ventura Boulevard Encino California 91436