Dr. Varina Louise Boerwinkle M.D.
Neurologist (Pediatric) | Neurodevelopmental Disabilities4038 Tartan Ln Houston TX, 77025
Dr. Varina Boerwinkle is a child neurologist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Boerwinkle specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children from birth to young adulthood. With combined understanding of childhood illness and the special needs of each individual child and their family, Dr. Boerwinkle is able to help each patient improve the status of their health. Conditions such as seizures, delayed speech, weakness or frequent headaches are treated by child neurologists.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Resting-state functional connectivity by independent component analysis-based markers corresponds to areas of initial seizure propagation established by prior modalities from the hypothalamus.
- Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis in Children: A Report of Two Fatal Cases and Review of the Literature.
- Connectivity changes after laser ablation: Resting-state fMRI.
- Neurological Disorders
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member Society for Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics
- Member American Academy of Neurology
- Member Child Neurology Society
- Member Human Brain Map,
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX Pediatric Neurology
- Baylor College of Medicine, Child Neurology 2012
Dr. Varina Louise Boerwinkle M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77025Get Direction
PHOENIX, AZ 85016Get Direction
Dr. Varina Louise Boerwinkle M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Boerwinkle
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Legendary Athlete Usain Bolt Helps Create Watch to Support Muscular Dystrophy
Usain Bolt, known as one of the greatest athletes of all time because of his impressive track record, has achieved his latest victory by launching a watch design in partnership with Unique Hublot, and the Hublot Big Bang UNICO Usain Bolt watch is created in collaboration with the Lightning Bolt.The...
- Miss Ireland and Her Family's Struggle with Muscular Dystrophy
They say that the loudest voice comes from action. Most youth are currently fighting for or against something. It is truly common for people at present to let themselves be heard and spread awareness of the advocacies they champion. One would notice via television newscasts, newspapers, and articles...
- Discover the Fundraiser Dedicated to Finding a Cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Duchenne is one of the lesser-known degenerative diseases which revolves mainly around rapidly-progressing muscular dystrophy and belongs to the same category as similar conditions — such as Becker Muscular Dystrophy — though it is usually one of the most aggressive variations. The disease...
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Helping Muscular Dystrophy Patients with Oedema-Fibrosis
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is a genetic muscular disorder that targets the muscles and causes them to degenerate and weaken. Statistically, around 15,000 males are affected by the condition in the U.S. alone and approximately 300,000 around the world . The most common and severe form of a...