Dr. Todd Shelby is a family practitioner practicing in Layton, UT. Dr. Shelby specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Shelby possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1992
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- MemberAmerican Academy of Family Physicians
- Member American Medical Association
- Member Utah Medical Association
- Member Weber County Medical Society
- University of Utah Affiliated Hospitals 1993
Dr. Todd L Shelby M.D.'s Practice location
Layton, UT 84041Get Direction
Dr. Todd L Shelby M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shelby
- Holistic Treatments for Mumps
Mumps is a contagious viral infection that is easily transferred from one individual to another through contact with infected respiratory secretions. It’s caused by a virus referred to as paramyxovirus. Mostly, it attacks the parotid glands, which surround the angle of your jaw right below your...
- Gastroenteritis in Children: Signs of Dehydration
Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that is caused by poorly prepared foods, contaminated water, etc. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, and vomiting.What causes it?Gastro is caused by viruses. They include:• Rotavirus• AdenovirusHow is the gastroenteritis virus passed?Children can...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- Vitamin D Deficiency Signs and Symptoms
What is vitamin D?Vitamin D is an important element to building strong and healthy bones as well as good overall health. It is also a vital nutrient that makes sure that the brain, lungs, heart, and muscles function well.Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. The body can make its own vitamin D when...
- Croup in Adults
Croup is a very common respiratory infection in children, but it can also occur in adults. It can occur at any point and is quite infectious since the virus is often being dispersed through the air, which causes the infection to spread to others. Although rare, croup can also be caused by bacterial...
- Dr. Max Gorishek Morgan MD230 N Hospital Dr Price UT 84501
- Dr. Douglas Spence Kasteler MD390 N Main St Bountiful UT 84010
- Dr. Stephen James Bruce MD5740 Crestwood Dr Ogden UT 84405
- Dr. Nelson L Astle MD1477 N 2000 W Clearfield UT 84015
- Dr. Zachary Campbell M.D.1915 W 5950 S ROY UT 84067
- Dr. Mark S Jorgensen MD1477 N 2000 W Clearfield UT 84015