Dr. Keith Medeiros is a cardiologist practicing in Worcester, MA. Dr. Medeiros specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Medeiros also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of Massachusetts / Worcester Campus 2006
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- UMass Memorial Medical Center, Fellow:Cardiovascular Diseases 2010
Keith Medeiros M.D.'s Practice location
Worcester, MA 01655Get Direction
MARLBOROUGH, MA 01752Get Direction
Keith Medeiros M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
Whether roasted or raw, walnuts are the best nuts and have an abundance of heart healthy nutrients. In a recent study, researchers compared the amount of polyphenols — the powerful antioxidants — in nine types of roasted and raw nuts. They also measured the amount of these antioxidants in two...
- Your Stress Can Trigger Another Heart Attack
According to a new study, survivors of a heart attack who get angry easily and are stressed out will have increased chances of another heart attack. In this study, about 50% of the heart attack survivors who had very high scores for anger and stress on the psychological tests had a fatal or...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure is called by other names, such as congestive heart failure (CHF), cardiac failure, left-sided heart failure, and right-sided heart failure.The heart is an organ that pumps blood to various parts of the body and is a little larger than...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- Umer Sayeed-Shah MD2 Park Central Drive Southborough Massachusetts 01772
- Juyong Lee MD/PHD115 Lincoln St Framingham MA 01702
- Matthew Edward Mcguiness MD330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Mohamad R El-zaru MD19 Carter St Newtonville MA 02460
- Craig S Smith M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Daniel Carlucci M.D.159 Union St Marlborough MA 01752