Dr. Anna Marsland is a psychologist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Marsland specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Marsland evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Marsland because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Negative emotions and acute physiological responses to stress.
- Associations between stress, trait negative affect, acute immune reactivity, and antibody response to hepatitis B injection in healthy young adults.
- Stress, immune reactivity and susceptibility to infectious disease.
- Depressive symptoms and production of proinflammatory cytokines by peripheral blood mononuclear cells stimulated in vitro.
- Interleukin-6 covaries inversely with hippocampal grey matter volume in middle-aged adults.
- Brief report: A pilot study of a web-based resource for families of children with cancer.
- Gender differences in stimulated cytokine production following acute psychological stress.
- How disturbed sleep may be a risk factor for adverse pregnancy outcomes.
- Negative affective responses to a speech task predict changes in interleukin (IL)-6.
- Family adjustment to childhood cancer: a systematic review.
- Preliminary evidence for the feasibility of a stress management intervention for 7- to 12-year-olds with asthma.
- Early childhood socioeconomic status is associated with circulating interleukin-6 among mid-life adults.
- Maintaining brain health by monitoring inflammatory processes: a mechanism to promote successful aging.
- Current understanding of the bi-directional relationship of major depression with inflammation.
- Inflammatory pathways link socioeconomic inequalities to white matter architecture.
Dr. Anna L. Marsland PH.D.'s Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Dr. Anna L. Marsland PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is the name given to a broad spectrum of non-specific symptoms, including fatigue, nervousness, anxiety, and digestive problems. The condition is not a medical diagnosis and the term is not medically accepted. In general, it refers to the theory that these symptoms are caused by poor...
- What Causes Separation Anxiety?
What is separation anxiety?In babies and toddlers, separation anxiety is a normal phase of development. Although it can be frustrating as a parent, know that it is actually an indication of an emotional milestone, which usually starts when babies turn 8-9 months old. In this age, babies begin to...
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- “Did You Say Mama?” Five-Year-Old with Nonverbal Autism Surprises Parents
Around 30% of individuals on the autism spectrum use only a few words or do not speak at all. These individuals are described as having nonverbal autism and 5-year-old Taylor Blakenship from Athens, Alabama is one of them. ...
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most widely accepted treatments for depression. It is a combination of cognitive therapy and behavioral therapy that are used to modify a person’s thought patterns. The idea behind CBT is that symptoms of depression are caused by a person’s distorted...
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that a person develops after witnessing a very stressful and terrifying event. In most cases, the person must have faced a life-threatening event or an incident in which serious injury was involved. Events that trigger fear,...
- Dr. Tamra Greenberg PH.D.2581 WASHINGTON RD. Pittsburgh PA 15241
- Mark Webb1 Williamsburg Place Warrendale PA 15086
- Dr. David V. Orbison PH.D.258 42nd Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15201
- Dr. Robert M. Wilson PH D2121 Noblestown Rd Pittsburgh PA 15205
- Dr. Pascual Chen PSY.D.570 Elmont Rd Elmont NY 11003
- Dr. Ursula Teuter PH.D.316 Station St Bridgeville PA 15017