Dr. Joe Rainey is a psychologist practicing in Falls Church, VA. Dr. Rainey specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Rainey evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Rainey because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Joe Sharp Rainey PH.D.'s Practice location
Falls Church, VA 22043Get Direction
Dr. Joe Sharp Rainey PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children
There are a number of characteristics that separate children and adolescents from adults. However, the main difference between the two is the fact that adults are more in control of every aspect of their lives compared to children and adolescents.We do find it normal for a child to experience...
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- What Age Group is Affected by Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating disorder is a serious, but curable eating disorder. Common characteristics of binge eating disorder consist of suicide risks, functional weakness and increased rate of the psychiatric condition co-occurring. Body image despair and eating disorders: what’s age got to do with it?The...
- Taming Your Child's Temper Tantrum
Temper TantrumsTemper tantrums have been defined by experts as an unplanned display of anger or emotions by children. Children will often whine, scream, or cry during a tantrum. They may hold their breath or widely swing their arms and legs. Children between the ages of one and four experience the...
- Reducing Anxiety with Exercise
People who have chronic diseases, like heart conditions and arthritis may benefit from exercising, according to a study published in, Archives of Internal Medicine. Exercise may help to relieve anxiety and improve the quality of life in these people. Results of this study add to the growing body of...
- Stress Can Lead to Binge Eating
According to a new survey presented at the annual meeting of American Psychological Association, there are those that lose their appetite when under stress but for the most part, people tend to overeat at the time of stress. The study conducted under the leadership of Kayla Ten Eycke, MSc, of the...
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 Connecticut Ave NW Washington D.C 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD4809 St Elmo Avenue Bethesda MD 20814
- Dr. Katherine Grace MacLean PSYD1555 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington DC 20036
- Samira Joron-Badr20509 Morningside Terrace Sterling VA 20165
- Don A. Miller PHD316 F Street North East Washington DC 20002