Dr. Joan Smith is an anesthesiologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Smith ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Smith also might help manage pain after an operation.
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Brigham and Women's Hospital 1996
- Boston Children's Hospital - Boston, MA 2000
- Boston Children's Hospital, Fellow 1999
Dr. Joan G Smith MD's Practice location
Dr. Joan G Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Does My Heavy Menstruation Mean I Have Fibroids?
Heavy periods are very common, and for most cases, the real cause is unknown. However, fibroids and endometriosis have proven to be the primary contributors. There are multiple ways to alleviate heavy periods and effectively managing them. Options include surgical operations, IUD, and the use of...
- Fibromyalgia: The Mysterious Chronic Pain
A loving husband wants nothing less than to make his wife, Christine Lynch, happy. To show this, he provides for her needs, compliments her, makes her feel loved and occasionally pampers her, especially if she is suffering from any form of discomfort. Christine Lynch’s partner in life is one best...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Stephanie Cintora MD55 Lake Avenue Worcester Massachusetts 01604
- Sanjay Kumar Singh175 Freeman Street Brookline Massachusetts 02446
- Dr. Patrick D. Mccarty DDS30 Warren St Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Karen R. Boretsky MD3705 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Laura Alexander MD75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115
- Dr. Jana Zahorska Hudcova M.D.34 Mill Road Wilmington Massachusetts 1887