Dr. Arthur J Torre MD
Allergist and Immunologist25 Hollywood Ave Fairfield NJ, 07004
Dr. Arthur Torre practices Allergy and Immunology as well as Scuba Diving Medicine in Fairfield, NJ. Since the onset of his private practice Dr. Torre has been dedicated to physician, patient and family education. In 1991, Dr. Torre was one of 82 physicians named to the National Faculty of the National Asthma Education Program of the NIH. In this capacity, he has taught asthma diagnosis and management to primary care physicians and specialists. He has been interviewed for feature articles in Time Magazine, Redbook, McCalls, Parents Magazine, Woman’s Day, New York Newsday, The Daily News and the Star-Ledger as well as appearing on both commercial and cable television discussing allergy / asthma topics. Dr. Torre is a National Spokesperson for the American Lung Association, chairperson for the Pediatric/Adult Asthma Coalition of NJ and has served as Medical Director of Outreach Services for the National Allergy and Asthma Network / Mothers of Asthmatics. He is the recipient of numerous national awards including the NIH National Asthma Education Program's Public Education/Service Award for outstanding leadership in the development of community asthma programs, patient education and public awareness about asthma.
Education and Training
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1970
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Arthur J Torre MD's Expert Contributions
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Associate Professor Rutgers, New Jersey Medical School - 2017
- Contact Dermatitis
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Hives (urticaria)
- Food Allergies
- Umdnj-Univ Hosp, Pediatrics
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- American Lung Association, Pediatric/Adult AsthmaCoalition of New Jersey, Divers Alert Network, Allergy & Asthma Network/Mothers of Asthmatics
Dr. Arthur J Torre MD's Practice location
Fairfield, NJ 07004Get Direction
FAIRFIELD, NJ 07004Get Direction
Dr. Arthur J Torre MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Torre
- How Local Honey Treats Allergies
What are Allergies?An allergy can be defined as a hypersensitive response of the immune system to certain substances that come in contact with the body or enter the body. For example, pollen, any food substance, or venom may cause allergic reactions. The substance that is known to cause an allergy...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Allergic Asthma?
Allergies have a direct connection with the immune system of a person.Primarily, our body’s defense system is meant to create a defense mechanism against various diseases that cause germs or bacteria. However, for people who have allergies, this defense mechanism also combats harmless substances...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Treating Lupus
Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic autoimmune condition where your immune system sees your own tissues as foreign cells and therefore starts to produce antibodies against them. Since the antibodies are produced by your own cells, these antibodies are given the term...
- Can My Diet Influence Eczema Flare-Ups?
There are a number of triggers that can cause eczema flare-ups. Most patients will identify these on their own and possibly take steps to avoid them. However, whether diet can cause eczema flare-ups is still a bone of contention.For a long time, it had been held as an unprofessional myth or...
- Dr. Boyan Hadjiev M.D.30 East 40th Street New York New York 10016
- Dr. Evelyn Tolson MD161 Madison Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Ziv Harish MD200 ENGLE ST ENGLEWOOD NJ 07631
- Ma. Lourdes B. de Asis354 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 7675
- Dr. Meera Khedkar M.D.1 DIAMOND HILL RD BERKELEY HEIGHTS NJ 07922
- Dr. Arthur Marc Lubitz M.D.315 W 57TH ST NEW YORK NY 10019