Dr. Michael Matthew Babich MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1307 Federal St Suite 301 Alleg Ctr Pittsburgh PA, 15212
Dr. Michael Babich is a gastroenterologist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Babich specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Babich performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1991
Boston University School of Medicine 1991
Ateneo School of Medicine and Public Health
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Hepatitis C
- Vascular Disease
- Va Commonwealth U Mcv Sch Med, Gastroenterology; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Michael Matthew Babich MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15212Get Direction
Dr. Michael Matthew Babich MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Babich
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Actress Jennifer Esposito Shares her Celiac Disease Misdiagnosis
Jennifer Esposito, the star of films like Crash and popular television shows like Spin City and NCIS, has been suffering in silent frustration for almost 25 years…until she found out about celiac disease from a doctor who would truly listen—and pay heed to what she was going through.Esposito...
- Mucus in Your Stool: Is It Bad?
Functions of MucusMucus is a very important substance in the body. Tissues produce mucus to protect the linings of the mouth, throat, sinuses, nose, lungs, and gut. The functions of mucus are:...
- What Is Diverticulitis: Can Diverticulitis Cause Serious Complications?
What is diverticulitis?Diverticulosis is a condition that occurs when diverticula, which are structures like pouches, occur in the colon wall. When these pouches get infected or swell up, they lead to diverticulitis, which can be a very painful medical condition to deal with. Diverticulitis...
- What is C. Diff Infection?
There are thousands of species of harmless and useful bacteria residing in our digestive system, and they normally maintain a balance among themselves. If the balance is thrown off track, these good bacteria can cause a number of illnesses. One such bacterium in our gut is Clostridium difficile (C....
- New Cannabis Patch for Celiac Disease Related Neuropathy
Recently researchers have developed a patch that contains extracts from cannabis to treat painful peripheral neuropathy related to various disorders, including celiac disease.Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease, which is a condition within the immune system that turns against some of the body's...
- Dr. Katie F. Farah MD1307 Federal Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212
- Dr. Wendy Mikulski Craig D.O.5200 Centre Ave Pittsburgh PA 15232
- Dr. Rahim Sotoodehfar M.D.9104 Babcock Blvd Pittsburgh PA 15237
- Dr. Sandra Michel El-hachem M.D.200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Jason M Swoger MD, MPH200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Savreet Sarkaria MD525 E 68th St New York NY 10021