Dr. Joanna Chieh Jen MD
Neurologist | Neurology300 Medical Plaza #b200 Los Angeles CA, 90095
Dr. Joanna Jen practices Neuropathology in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Jen studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Yale School of Medicine 1992
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Genetics of familial episodic vertigo and ataxia.
- Ocular motility in genetically defined autosomal dominant cerebellar ataxia.
- Nonconsensus intronic mutations cause episodic ataxia.
- Novel CCM1 mutation in a patient with paraparesis and thoracic cord cavernous malformation.
- Blessed are the pacemakers.
- Diffusion tensor MRI shows abnormal brainstem crossing fibers associated with ROBO3 mutations.
- Recent advances in the genetics of recurrent vertigo and vestibulopathy.
- Functional neuroanatomy of the human premotor oculomotor brainstem nuclei: insights from postmortem and advanced in vivo imaging studies.
- Progressive cerebellar ataxia with variable episodic symptoms--phenotypic diversity of R1668W CACNA1A mutation.
- Effects of failure of development of crossing brainstem pathways on ocular motor control.
- Hereditary episodic ataxias.
- Episodic ataxia associated with EAAT1 mutation C186S affecting glutamate reuptake.
- A C-terminal mutation of ATP1A3 underscores the crucial role of sodium affinity in the pathophysiology of rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism.
- Bilateral vestibulopathy: clinical, diagnostic, and genetic considerations.
- Genetics of vestibulopathies.
- 2010-2012 Southern California Super Doctors
- 2011 Top Women Southern California Super Doctors
- Abnormal Gait
- Vascular Disease
- UCLA School Med 1993
- University of California, Los Angeles 1993
- Neurotology, UCLA School of Medicine 1996
Dr. Joanna Chieh Jen MD's Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90095Get Direction
Dr. Joanna Chieh Jen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jen
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Can Parkinson's Disease be Identified Early?
What is Parkinson's disease?Parkinson's disease is a progressive disorder that affects certain nerve cells in the brain. It affects the way a person moves over time. Individuals have lived for many years with Parkinson's disease, gradually losing movement of their body as well as their emotions....
- Signs and Symptoms of Epilepsy
What is Epilepsy?Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which a person experiences recurring seizures.In a normal brain, the nerve cells transmit chemical and electrical signals to other nerve cells, glands, and muscles. In the case of patients with epilepsy, the nerve cells (also known as neurons) fire...
- Hospital Outcomes Proven to Be Worse for Dementia Patients
Patients with delirium or dementia have inferior treatment during hospital stays, a large population study from the University of Stirling shows. Professor Emma Reynish, the study’s author and lead researcher, uncovered markedly different results in outcomes.“People who are admitted to hospital...
- New Multiple Sclerosis Treatment, Ocrevus, Slows Down Disease Progression
In 2017, the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) approved the drug – Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) – as a treatment for both relapsing and progressive forms of multiple sclerosis. ...
- The History of Parkinson's Disease
You've probably heard of Parkinson's disease, with it affecting millions of people around the world, mostly those who are older. But do you know how it came to be? This disorder has a vast and interesting history as to how it came to be. It's essential to learn the history of Parkinson's to get a...
- Dr. Russ T. Shimizu M.D.2811 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica CA 90403
- Dr. Regina Berkovich MD1520 San Pablo St Los Angeles California 90033
- Dr. Mohsen Mahmoud Hamza M.D.11600 Wilshire Blvd. West Los Angeles California 90025
- Dr. Lancelot Oliver Alexander MD275 The Crossroads Carmel California 93923
- Dr. Ezekiel Fink MD415 North Crescent Drive Beverly Hills California 90210
- Dr. Rami G. Apelian M.D.1015 North First Avenue Arcadia California 91006