Dr. Victor Kalu is a nephrologist practicing in North Richland Hills, TX. Dr. Kalu specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Kalu most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
University Lagos MD
College of Medicine Lagos University
University of Lagos College of Medicine 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Tx Southwestern Med Sch, Nephrology
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia) Program
- Ut Southwestern University Hospitals
Dr. Victor C Kalu M.D.'s Practice location
North Richland Hills, TX 76180Get Direction
Dr. Victor C Kalu M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- What Causes Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune ailment. This means that instead of your body’s regular defense system attacking viruses and bacteria, it destroys healthy tissues. This causes swelling. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain, ulcers in the...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- What Medical Conditions Are Associated with Blood in Urine?
Introduction:Blood in urine is more often than not a sign that there is something amiss in the body. It may signal a minor infection that need not worry you, but it could also be pointing to something more serious that is still undetected. Even if you appear to be in reasonably good health, it is...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- Causes of Epilepsy
Epilepsy, also classified as seizure disorder, is a neurological disorder affecting the nervous system. A seizure is the result of electrical activity disturbance in the brain.There is no single cause for epilepsy for about half of the population with this condition. In other cases, the cause of...
- Dr. Arti Gupta M.D.1420 Viceroy Drive Dallas TX 75235
- Dr. Ira M Epstein DO4351 Booth Calloway Rd North Richland Hills TX 76180
- Dr. Christopher J. Norris M.D.3030 Matlock Rd Arlington TX 76015
- Dr. Phuc T Nguyen DO1700 Mistletoe Blvd Fort Worth TX 76104
- Mr. Mohammad Humayun Kabir MD3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66103
- Dr. Majd I Jaradat M.D.3030 Matlock Rd Arlington TX 76015