Dr. Michael Bloch is a psychiatrist practicing in Hamden, CT. Dr. Bloch is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Bloch diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Bloch may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Bloch treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Yale School of Medicine 2007
- LAMELLAR DISSECTION OF PRESERVED CORNEA.
- THE SLIDING METHOD OF INTRACAPSULAR LENS EXTRACTION. A SUGGESTED TECHNIQUE TO
- New Abstracting Tools in the Field of Medicine.
- Phenomenology of tics and natural history of tic disorders.
- Tourette syndrome: the self under siege.
- Beneficial effects of the antiglutamatergic agent riluzole in a patient diagnosed with trichotillomania.
- Riluzole augmentation in treatment-refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder: a series of 13 cases, with long-term follow-up.
- Emerging treatments for Tourette's disorder.
- A developmental and evolutionary perspective on obsessive-compulsive disorder: whence and whither compulsive hoarding?
- Symptom dimensions and subtypes of obsessive-compulsive disorder: a developmental perspective.
- Trichotillomania across the life span.
- Neurobiological substrates of Tourette's disorder.
- Time-lag bias in trials of pediatric antidepressants: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Dimensional correlates of poor insight in obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Omega-3 fatty acids for the treatment of depression: systematic review and meta-analysis.
Dr. Michael Howard Bloch MD's Practice location
Hamden, CT 06517Get Direction
Dr. Michael Howard Bloch MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bloch
- How Can I Treat Anxiety at Home?
Understanding AnxietyAnxiety attacks are difficult to control without the help of a therapist. But by learning and educating oneself about anxiety may help to prevent it. Anxiety is an excessive reaction to a stressful situation, which brings in trembling, a choking feeling, pain in the heart...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Autism
Introduction From the perspective of an outsider, it is very difficult to understand what it is to have autism. This misunderstanding, unfortunately, can result in a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about people with autism. Below are certain misconceptions, which people usually have in...
- What Is Venlafaxine: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage, and Interactions
Generic Name: VenlafaxineBrand Name(s): Effexor, Effexor XRIntroductionVenlafaxine belongs to the class of selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), which are used for the treatment of anxiety, panic disorder, and major depressive disorder. This medication works by...
- What Is Euthymia?
IntroductionA person is often regarded as when in the longitudinal course of mood disturbances, the threshold of a disorder is not met. People with bipolar disorder may spend most of their time in the state of mania, depression, or in a mixed state, while the rest are in euthymia. Certain...
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- What Is Latuda Used For?
Generic Name: LurasidoneBrand Name: LatudaWhat is Latuda?Latuda (lurasidone) is an antipsychotic medication that works by changing the effects of brain chemicals. This medication is used for the treatment of schizophrenia in individuals who are 13 years old and above, and bipolar depression in...
- Dr. Ladan Hamdheydari MD2 Ivy Brook Rd Shelton CT 06484
- Ljudmil Kljusev227 Naugatuck Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460
- Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun M.D.1224 Mill Street Berlin Connecticut 06023
- Dr. Frank John Ninivaggi MD200 Orchard Street New Haven CT 06510
- Khaled Mohamed35 Old Tavern Road Orange Connecticut 06477
- Dr. Tsilia Glinberg MD258 Bradley Street New Haven Connecticut 6510