Dr. Cynthia Farrell is a physiatrist practicing in Elkins Park, PA. Dr. Farrell is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Farrell focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Farrell can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Philadelphia Coll of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 1982
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1982
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Abnormal Gait
- Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Program
Dr. Cynthia A. Farrell DO's Practice location
Elkins Park, PA 19027Get Direction
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19124Get Direction
Dr. Cynthia A. Farrell DO's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- Sprained Ribs: What You Need to Know
The ribs form a cage-like structure that helps protect the heart and lungs against injuries. There are 24 ribs in the human body with 12 ribs on each side. Rib injuries can affect the lungs or heart if treatment is not given in a timely manner. What is a sprained rib?A sprained rib is also called...
- What Is Spinal Decompression?
The human back is a complex structure of muscles, ligaments, bones, joints, and nerves. It is common for people to experience back problems at some point in their life for a variety of reasons. Since the pain can radiate into the back and even from other parts of the body, it is very difficult to...
- Treatments of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a disorder that causes your bones to break down quicker, making you susceptible to fractures and falls. Treatment often includes a combination of medical drugs and lifestyle changes. The best way to prevent the occurrence of osteoporosis is to observe proper medication plans.Bones...
- Dr. Shawn M. Peterson D.O.25 S 9th St Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107
- Dr. Maryum Rafique DO3401 N. Broad St. Philadelphia PA 19140
- Dr. Syed Hasan MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Mitchell Kirk Freedman D.O.925 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Zach Broyer M.D.925 Chestnut St. , 5th Floor Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Kathryn Theresa Gollotto DO737 Main St Lumberton NJ 08048