Dr. Connie Hsia practices Pulmonology in Dallas, TX. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Hsia manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Univ Of Toronto Fac Of Med 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- Dysanaptic growth of conducting airways after pneumonectomy assessed by CT scan.
- Expression of epidermal growth factor and surfactant proteins during postnatal and compensatory lung growth.
- Variation of lung volume after fixation when measured by immersion or Cavalieri method.
- Three-dimensional, unsteady simulation of alveolar respiration.
- Recruitment of lung diffusing capacity: update of concept and application.
- Density-dependent reduction of nitric oxide diffusing capacity after pneumonectomy.
- Retinoic acid-induced alveolar cellular growth does not improve function after right pneumonectomy.
- Retinoic acid induces nonuniform alveolar septal growth after right pneumonectomy.
- Nitric oxide diffusing capacity and alveolar microvascular recruitment in sarcoidosis.
- Regional lung growth following pneumonectomy assessed by computed tomography.
- Upregulation of erythropoietin receptor during postnatal and postpneumonectomy lung growth.
- Signals and mechanisms of compensatory lung growth.
- Lessons from a canine model of compensatory lung growth.
- Ventilatory acclimatization in awake guinea pigs raised at high altitude.
- The diabetic lung: relevance of alveolar microangiopathy for the use of inhaled insulin.
Dr. Connie C w Hsia MD's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
Dr. Connie C w Hsia MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is the unsuppressed growth of cells in the tissues of the lungs. Such a condition leads to a tumor (malignant) which may spread (by metastasis) to different organs of the body if not treated in time. Cancer of the lung at the primary stage is also known as carcinoma. The two types of...
- Chronic Bronchitis – The Smoker’s Cough
What is chronic bronchitis?Chronic bronchitis is defined as a persistent cough with sputum production for at least three months in at least two consecutive years in the absence of any other identifiable causes.Chronic bronchitis is also commonly known as the smoker’s cough. This is due to the fact...
- Bronchitis: The Complications
Bronchitis can cause several other complications to arise if the condition worsens.AsthmaAsthma may put an effect on an individual’s performance at the workplace or at school. Children may miss school or college as a result of the difficulty in breathing. The lungs can become either partially or...
- Breaking: Asthma Drugs may not Actually Cause Birth Defects
A new study has shown that asthma treatment may not actually increase the risk of birth defects as generally thought. This is reassuring news for many pregnant women who have asthma and need treatment. There was a very mild increase in the risk of rare birth defects in women who took the medication...
- All About Atypical Pneumonia: Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Atypical Pneumonia: What is it?Atypical pneumonia is an infection of the lungs caused by organisms other than the ones that usually cause pneumonia. The organisms responsible for atypical pneumonia include Legionella pneumophila, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, and Chlamydia Pneumoniae. Atypical pneumonia is...
- COPD-Focused Telemedicine
What is TelemedicineE-health, or telehealth (other terms for telemedicine), allows doctors who specialize in respiratory health make use of electronic tools and wireless devices to provide primary care consultations with their COPD patients. Through videos, photos, and live chats, referral with...
- Dr. Timothy Rae Chappell M.D.1630 Coit Rd Plano TX 75075
- Dr. Kenneth A Ausloos M. D.3600 Gaston Ave Dallas TX 75246
- Dr. Malladi R Sastry MD4100 West 15th Street Plano TX 75093
- Dr. Jeff Earl Taylor M.D.4708 Alliance Blvd Plano TX 75093
- Dr. Adekunle Adekola MD475 Elm St Lewisville TX 75057
- Dr. Gary Lewis Jones MD1604 Hospital Pkwy Bedford TX 76022