Dr. Jon Berlie is an ophthalmologist practicing in Naples, FL. Dr. Berlie specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Berlie can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Berlie can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1995
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Univ Of Ne Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University Of Nebraska Hospital
- U S DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Dr. Jon R Berlie M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Jon R Berlie M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Berlie
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- What Is Astigmatism?
Normally, the eye, cornea, and lens can easily focus light rays on the retina. The disease known asastigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea, and it can produce a clear, round dome covering the iris and pupil.The cornea and lens remain smooth and are always curved equally in all...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- What is Eye Herpes?
What is eye herpes?Eye herpes, or ocular herpes, is a recurrent viral infection that affects the eyes. It is caused by herpes simplex virus type 1. It causes an inflammation of the eye, as well as scarring in the cornea.Eye herpes can be transmitted from one person to another when there is a close...
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- Dr. Alina Kochoumian Stanciu MD3501 Health Center Blvd. Bonita Springs Florida 34135
- Mr. Stephen J. Laquis M.D.26800 S Tamiami Trl Bonita Springs FL 34134
- Dr. Nadia Ameena Kazim M.D.3501 Health Center Blvd Bonita Springs FL 34135
- Dr. Lynn Kepple Byerly M.D.661 Goodlette Rd N Naples FL 34102
- Dr. Giselle Martin MD735 Ave Ponce deLeon Torre Auxilio Ofic #201 San Juan PR 00917
- Mr. Stephen E Smith M.D.7955 Airport Pulling Rd N Naples FL 34109