Dr. Stephen Duntley practices Sleep Medicine in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Duntley studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1988
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Learning, memory, and executive control in individuals with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
- Effect of cognitive behavioral therapy on heart rate variability during REM sleep
- Active sleep and its role in the prevention of apoptosis in the developing brain.
- Depression predicts self-reported sleep quality in patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
- An evaluation of the use of seizure prone rats when investigating intermediate stage sleep.
- Depression and obstructive sleep apnea in patients with coronary heart disease.
- Identification of a biomarker for sleep drive in flies and humans.
- Heart rate variability and markers of inflammation and coagulation in depressed patients with coronary heart disease.
- Electrical status epilepticus during sleep in an adult.
- Restless legs syndrome in patients with irritable bowel syndrome: response to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth therapy.
- Celiac disease is associated with restless legs syndrome.
- Profound oxygen desaturation due to central apneas associated with interictal generalized spike-wave discharges.
- Paroxysmal arousals and myoclonic movements associated with interictal epileptiform discharges in NREM and REM sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea and major depressive disorder in cardiovascular disease.
- Notch signaling modulates sleep homeostasis and learning after sleep deprivation in Drosophila.
- Changes in gene expression with sleep.
- Neurological disorders: towards a mechanistic understanding of restless legs syndrome.
- Cross-translational studies in human and Drosophila identify markers of sleep loss.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness is associated with changes in salivary inflammatory genes transcripts.
- Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Neurology
Dr. Stephen Paul Duntley MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63108Get Direction
AURORA, CO 80045Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Paul Duntley MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Sleep Disorder May Cause Brain Inflammation in Parkinson’s Patients
Researchers have long proposed that a sleep disorder may increase inflammatory responses, and may increase the risk of developing various neurodegenerative diseases, including Parkinson’s disease. A recent study called “Assessment of neuroinflammation in patients with idiopathic...
- Sleeping Positions for Sleep Apnea
Health conditions that affect the lives of others are many, and sleep apnea and snoring are one of them. Sleep apnea can be devastating to the lives and health of the loved ones of those with the condition. There are millions of snorers, and most of them are not aware that they are suffering from...
- What is Bedtime Procrastination?
When we hear the word “procrastination,” most people think of work. Procrastination is not something we automatically associate with bedtime or sleep. However, a new type of procrastination has been identified, and it particularly affects our behavior in the bedroom. With the influx of...
- Carrie Fisher's Death Leads to Increased Concern Over Sleep Apnea
Long-time actress and author Carrie Fisher will probably be best remembered as playing her iconic role of Princess Leia in George Lucas’s cult classic Star Wars. When news of her death reached the internet, fans of the beloved series were shocked and eager to find the cause, especially since her...
- Alternative Treatments for Restless Legs Syndrome
According to statistics, restless legs syndrome (RLS) affects about 15% of Americans. It is also important to note that restless legs syndrome can be a side effect of certain medications. It will clear off when you stop taking such medication. A variety of alternative treatments is existent....
- Vietnam Vet Discusses His Mental and Physical Struggles, Including Sleep Apnea
It’s hard to imagine being 17 years old and joining the Navy Reserves in the middle of a war. However, that’s exactly what Everett Cook did. Cook had been delivering telegrams for Western Union after school to pay off his first car when he signed-up for the reserves. This decision has led Cook...
- Dr. Mesfin Teshome Mitike M.D.660 S Euclid Ave Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Mark S Wald M.D.11133 Dunn Rd Saint Louis MO 63136
- Dr. Omar Awad M.D.4600 Memorial Dr Belleville IL 62226
- Dr. Oscar A Schwartz M.D.969 N Mason Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Syed Amir Rizvi MD609 Medical Center Dr Decatur TX 76234
- Dr. Ventrapragada S Mohan M.D.340 W Lincoln St Belleville IL 62220