Dr. Eric Paul Brestel M. D.
Allergist and Immunologist1150 E Arlington Blvd Greenville NC, 27858
Dr. Eric Brestel practices Allergy and Immunology care in Greenville, NC. Dr. Brestel specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Brestel provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Univ of Fl Coll of Med, Gainesville Fl 1972
University of Florida College of Medicine 1972
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Oral montelukast versus inhaled salmeterol to prevent exercise-induced bonchonconstriction.
- Chronic rhinitis: an underrecognized association with fibromyalgia.
- Danazol in chronic urticaria.
- Heparin inhibits the "quasi-lipoxygenase" activity of hemoglobin toward linoleic acid by oxidant scavenging.
- Co-oxidation of luminol by hypochlorite and hydrogen peroxide implications for neutrophil chemiluminescence.
- Carrageenan stimulates reduction of nitroblue tetrazolium by human neutrophils without membrane depolarization, myeloperoxidase secretion, or increased oxygen consumption.
- Hypochlorite scavenging by Pseudomonas aeruginosa alginate.
- Contact urticaria to cow milk.
- A mechanism for inhibition of luminol-dependent neutrophil chemiluminescence by polyanions.
- A comparison of superoxide production by human eosinophils and neutrophils.
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Immunology; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Internal Medicine; Methodist Hosps Of Dallas, Internal Medicine
Dr. Eric Paul Brestel M. D.'s Practice location
Greenville, NC 27858Get Direction
Dr. Eric Paul Brestel M. D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brestel
- Signs You Have a Penicillin Allergy
What is Penicillin?Penicillin is known to be one of the most commonly used antibiotics that is often prescribed by doctors. Penicillin belongs to the family of antibiotics that is known as beta-lactams.What is a Penicillin Allergy?A penicillin allergy would usually occur to an individual when the...
- What to Expect After Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy involves using the body’s natural defenses in fighting against diseases. It usually involves the use of drugs that are made in a laboratory. The introduction of these foreign substances in the body to trigger a certain reaction will produce certain symptoms, which are termed as side...
- Does the Treatment of Asthma Always Require an Inhaler?
Asthma is considered a common lung disorder in which inflammation causes the bronchi to swell and narrow the airways. Asthma is indiscriminant of any age group. It is a long term disease that has no cure but can be controlled by following the right dosage of medication, prescribed by a doctor or...
- How Your Immune System Works
What is the immune system and how does it work?The immune system is regarded as the natural defense system in your body. The immune system, together with a network of cells and tissues, as well as body organs, protects your body against harmful foreign invaders or substances. Examples of foreign...
- How Local Honey Treats Allergies
What are Allergies?An allergy can be defined as a hypersensitive response of the immune system to certain substances that come in contact with the body or enter the body. For example, pollen, any food substance, or venom may cause allergic reactions. The substance that is known to cause an allergy...
- What are the Different Types of Inhalers Used to Treat Asthma?
Managing medication and using inhalers have become integral parts of the asthma care routine. An inhaler allows you the freedom of carrying minute doses of medication for use in emergencies wherever you may go. It’s a huge relief knowing that help is immediately at hand in your trouser pocket. Not...