Dr. Puneeth Iyengar practices Radiation Oncology in Dallas, TX. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Iyengar specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Dr. Puneeth Iyengar M.D., PH.D's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
Dr. Puneeth Iyengar M.D., PH.D's reviewsWrite Review
- Three-Week Chemotherapy Dosing Reconfirmed as First-Line Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Chemotherapy as a treatment option for cancer has existed for decades, and has long been the standard of care and first line of treatment for almost all forms of cancer. The term is an umbrella term referring to the use of medicines to halt the growth of cancerous tumors and to kill off cancerous...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Dr. Gregory A Echt MD7415 LAS COLINAS BLVD IRVING TX 75063
- Dr. Joshua Garren MD41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Charles Po-yang Lee MD310 E Highway 67 Duncanville TX 75137
- Dr. Robert Dale Timmerman MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Barry Neal Wilcox M.D.3410 Worth St Dallas TX 75246
- Heidi Louise Mckellar MD721 Clinic Dr Tyler TX 75701