Dr. Mily Kannarkat practices Geriatric Medicine in Norfolk, VA. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Kannarkat works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
Eastern Virginia Medical School 2006
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine
Dr. Mily J. Kannarkat M.D.'s Practice location
Norfolk, VA 23507Get Direction
Dr. Mily J. Kannarkat M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Michael J. Fox's Impact on Parkinson’s Disease
Michael J. FoxMichael J. Fox, born as Michael Andrew Fox in 1961, is a Canadian-born actor, who received his breakthrough in Family Ties, an American sitcom. He consecutively received three Emmy awards as lead actor in this comedy series. He was the lead character in the adventure comedy film, Back...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Aricept for Alzheimer's Disease: Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: DonepezilBrand Names: Aricept, Aricept ODTWhat is Aricept?Aricept (donepezil) is a medication used for the treatment of mild to moderate dementia due to Alzheimer's disease. This medication improves nerve function in the brain and works by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine,...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease (PD)?Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive neurological movement disorder, which means that the symptoms of this disease gradually get worse over time. The exact cause of the disease is still unknown. There is also no cure for this medical condition, but...
- How is Lung Cancer Diagnosed?
Lung Cancer is one of the most common and serious forms of cancers in the world. In fact, it is also one of the leading causes of cancer deaths for both men and women. This form of cancer is known to mainly affect older people, primarily those in their seventies. Smoking has been identified as one...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- Dr. Kevin P Murray M. D.957 W 21st St Norfolk VA 23517
- Dr. Paul Liszka MD1060 First Colonial Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Natavan Karimova M.D.10510 Jefferson Ave Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. Jacob D Almeida D.O.12720 Mcmanus Blvd Newport News VA 23602
- Dr. Asima S Quidwai MD5486 Indian River Rd Virginia Beach VA 23464
- Dr. Robert M. Palmer MD825 Fairfax Ave Norfolk VA 23507