Dr. Maria Iren Hella MD
Neurologist | Neurology1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL, 32610
Dr. Maria Hella practices Neuropathology in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Hella studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- 2010 2009
- Chairman's Award for Excellence in Patient Care
- UF Shands Department of Neurology
- University of Florida Health Science Center and Affiliated Hospitals 2007
- Neurology Residency
- CLINICAL NEUROPHYSIOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, GAINESVILLE, FL (2010-)
- EEG/Clinical Neurophysiology fellowship and EEG Track
Dr. Maria Iren Hella MD's Practice location
Dr. Maria Iren Hella MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hella
OverviewA seizure is a sudden event caused by an uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain. When a seizure happens, you lose control of your body, possibly lose consciousness, and convulse. Seizures can also cause behavioral changes and changes in the levels of your consciousness, including...
- One Step Closer to a Cure: New Developments in Parkinson’s Research
Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative disease that affects a lot of people worldwide with an estimated figure of about 1 million in the United States alone, according to the National Parkinson’s Foundation. Despite the sheer amount of support available for patients as seen in the dozens of...
- Genes Shown to Influence Disease Course in MS
Genes are the basic units of information that can be found in nearly every cell in the body. They are made from a chemical called deoxyribonucleic acid, which is widely known as DNA. In a way, genes act as blueprints required for building the bodies and helping them to function. More specifically,...
- Understanding Hallucinations and Brain Disconnections in Parkinson's Disease
The ProblemThose who suffer from Parkinson’s may experience a variety of symptoms through their life, but doctors state that Parkinson's patients who experience hallucination are more susceptible to encountering disconnections in their brains relative to Parkinson's patients that are not...
- Is There a Cure for Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is a medical condition that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also an autoimmune disease that causes demyelination of the spinal nerve and brain cells. The disease disrupts the communication of the brain with the body. In this condition, the body's immune system attacks the...
- Your Guide to Using Valtrex
Valtrex is the name of the drug that contains valacyclovir. It is prescribed for many infections caused by the herpes virus, which includes cold sores, genital herpes, and shingles. Herpes virus can appear on any part of the body, but most often, it shows in the genitals and mouth. There are two...
- Dr. William J. Triggs MD100 South Newell Drive Gainesville Florida 32610
- Dr. Michael Farris Waters MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Stephan Eisenschenk MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Asif Ali Khan MBBS499 S Pear Orchard Rd Ridgeland MS 39157
- Dr. Irene Andonia c Malaty MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Kimford J Meador MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610