Dr. Alesie Martel is a speech language pathologist practicing in LAKE MARY, FL. Dr. Martel specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Martel evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Martel helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Alesie Martel's Practice location
LAKE MARY, FL 32746Get Direction
Alesie Martel's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Ms. Bonnie L Heiser SLP231 W FERN DR ORANGE CITY FL 32763
- Regina A Quigley M.S., CCC-SLP10125 W COLONIAL DR OCOEE FL 34761
- Ms. Morgan Shipe M.A4401 E COLONIAL DR ORLANDO FL 32803
- Kim A. Dougherty M.A. CCC10125 W COLONIAL DR OCOEE FL 34761
- Kimberly H Stewart M.A. SLP1850 LEE RD STE 134 WINTER PARK FL 32789
- Ms. Peni Drane Yarbrough MACCCSPL505 VIA DEL ORO DR UNIT 205 ALTAMONTE SPRINGS FL 32714