Dr. Rajendra M. Choksi M.D.
Adolescent Specialist | Adolescent Medicine300 N Ottawa St Joliet IL, 60432
Dr. Rajendra Choksi is an adolescent specialist practicing in Joliet, IL. Dr. Choksi works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Choksi treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
Education and Training
Medical College Baroda 1971
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Metabolic response to a high-fat diet in neonatal and adult rat muscle.
- Skeletal muscle fatty acid oxidation during early postnatal development in the rat.
- Palmitate oxidation in human muscle: comparison to CPT and carnitine.
- Incomplete palmitate oxidation. Possible source of human myopathy.
- Cyanide insensitive palmitate oxidation in skeletal muscle.
- Whole-body energy metabolism and skeletal muscle biochemical characteristics.
- Letter: The fetal alcohol syndrome.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Strep Throat
- Mercy Hosp & Med Ctr, Pediatrics; Cook County Hosp, Pediatrics
- MERCY HOSPITAL
Dr. Rajendra M. Choksi M.D.'s Practice location
Joliet, IL 60432Get Direction
Dr. Rajendra M. Choksi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Choksi
- Diagnostic Issues with Male Breast Cancer
Although it’s rare, about 2000 US men are diagnosed each year with breast cancer. Male breast cancer is also on the rise, especially for men previously treated for lymphoma. Breast cancer is very difficult to diagnose in men, especially in the earlier stages. But, there are awareness efforts...
- Bladder Spasms: the Causes and Symptoms
As the urinary bladder fills, the sensation to release urine gradually builds up. Few people have a continuous urge to ease the bladder while experiencing pain. This situation, called bladder spasms, may lead to wetting one's pants. Bladder spasms are caused by the muscles of the bladder contracting...
OverviewA seizure is a sudden event caused by an uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain. When a seizure happens, you lose control of your body, possibly lose consciousness, and convulse. Seizures can also cause behavioral changes and changes in the levels of your consciousness, including...
- Hyperthyroidism vs. Hypothyroidism
The human body is remarkably complex and involves a synergy of numerous body organs to function properly. Among the little-known organs is the thyroid, found just below the Adam’s apple. It is tiny but it plays a major role in the body. Its function is to synthesize iodine to produce thyroxine...
- What are the Bacterial Causes of Diarrhea?
When the digestive system is attacked by a bacterium, bacterial gastroenteritis is caused. It mostly happens when someone consumes unhealthy foods or gets too close to animals carrying harmful germs or toxic substances. This type of diarrhea causes nausea, cramping, abdominal pain and some other...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dr. William G. Klipfel M.D.20200 Governors Drive Olympia Fields IL 60461
- Mr. Paul Simon Aschinberg MD114 Barney Drive Joliet IL 60435
- Dr. Muhammed Longi M.D.215 Remington Blvd Bolingbrook IL 60440
- Dr. Barbara Anne Graham M.D.700 W Jefferson St Joliet IL 60431
- Mrs. Shelli Michelle Seebruch MD114 Barney Drive Joliet IL 60435
- Dr. Ashok H Bhaskar MD2250 Weber Rd Joliet IL 60435