Dr. Stephen Kunkel practices Neuropathology in Sheboygan, WI. Dr. Kunkel studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 1985
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio 1985
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Neurology; Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and Affiliated Hospitals 1985
- University Health System - Neurology
- Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Neurology Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Regional Centers (South Central) Program
Dr. Stephen P Kunkel MD's Practice location
Sheboygan, WI 53081Get Direction
Dr. Stephen P Kunkel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- When Multiple Sclerosis Drugs Cause More Problems Than They Solve
Unfortunately, treating multiple sclerosis can often feel like "one step forward, two steps back." It is not uncommon to feel as if the drugs for MS are doing more harm than good, and here is one way to look at the complicated relationship with medication.A cultural phenomenonGenerally, many suggest...
- Multiple Sclerosis: Talking with Your Doctor about Sex
Talking about sex can be difficult, and talking about sex with your multiple sclerosis (MS) to your doctor is no exception. While it is perfectly understandable that you may feel embarrassed discussing the subject, doing so can actually improve your sex life. With more than half of individuals who...
- The Easiest Ways to Relieve MS Discomfort
Are you suffering from MS pain and discomfort? You are not alone. More than 50% of individuals with MS experience pain at some point in their lives. MS pain and discomfort varies from individual to individual and it can change over time. The impact that such symptoms can have on your quality of...
- Breakthrough Research on Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
A study which was recently published in the Natural Communications journal, outlines a major breakthrough in research around facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy, also known as FSHD.The study was performed by the University of Minnesota Medical School. Researchers at the university inserted the...
- How Does Saphris Work?
Mechanism of ActionSaphris is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in both adults and children ages 10 years old and above. The drug's exact mechanism of action is still unknown. However, it is believed that like other antipsychotics, it interferes...
- Multiple Sclerosis: Remembering Annette Funicello’s Legacy
Learning to cope with a chronic condition like multiple sclerosis takes a degree of courage and resolve no matter what. While every single individual who battles this disease and learns how to cope with life in new and creative ways is an inspiration, it can be especially impactful to watch a public...