Dr. Keith Edward Berger MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1301 First Colonial Rd Suite 201 Virginia Beach VA, 23454
Dr. Keith Berger is a gastroenterologist practicing in Virginia Beach, VA. Dr. Berger specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Berger performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1976
Yale School of Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Griffin Hosp, Gastroenterology; Duke Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Duke University Hospital Program
Dr. Keith Edward Berger MD's Practice location
Virginia Beach, VA 23454Get Direction
Dr. Keith Edward Berger MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Berger
- What Is Bacterial Gastroenteritis?
Bacterial gastritis occurs when bacteria causes infections in your gut, which leads to intestinal and stomach inflammations. You might also encounter symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, and severe abdominal cramps. Whilst viruses cause several gastrointestinal disorders, bacterial infections are...
- Crohn's Disease and Other Gastrointestinal Issues
Crohn’s disease patients suffer from a chronic inflammation of the large intestine (colon). They may also experience weight loss and abdominal pain. Treatment of Crohn’s is more or less similar to that of another inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), known as ulcerative colitis. For both of these...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- How to Diagnose Crohn's Disease and Colitis Through Blood Tests
At present, blood tests alone can not diagnose Crohn’s disease and colitis, but they are significant for the process to determine diagnosis, screening, and management of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. ...
- Alternative Treatments for Gallstones
Alternative Treatments For GallstonesA huge percentage of gallstones never show symptoms, but the moment a stone stops moving on its way to the small intestines from the gallbladder, trouble begins. That’s when signs start occurring, among them severe pain on the ride side of the abdomen that...
- How to Speak with Your Partner About Colitis
When you are diagnosed with Colitis and have experienced its life-altering symptoms, it is hard to think about anything but your own physical pain and inconvenience.At some point, it becomes obvious to the people you share your life with that something serious is going on. Frequent trips to the...
- Dr. Alex Olabode Williams M.D.400 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Whitney D Brooks M.D.885 Kempsville Rd Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Scott Lee Yagel M.D.400 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Kelvin Hornbuckle M.D.885 Kempsville Rd Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Gary Payman M.D.400 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. David A Johnson M.D.885 Kempsville Rd Norfolk VA 23502