Dr. Michael Joseph Harkness M.D.
Pediatrician255 W Lancaster Ave Suite 330 Paoli PA, 19301
Dr. Michael Harkness is a pediatrician practicing in Paoli, PA. Dr. Harkness is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Harkness diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Harkness can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1981
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1981
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 1986
- 2012 Philadelphia Super Doctors
- 2007 Professional Leadership Award Pennsylvania Immunization Coalition
- Ear Infection
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Sebaceous Cyst
- MemberAmerican Academy of Pediatrics Pennsylvania Medical Society Chester County Immunization Coalition
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Pediatrics
- University of Alabama Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Alabama Hospital Program
Dr. Michael Joseph Harkness M.D.'s Practice location
Paoli, PA 19301Get Direction
Dr. Michael Joseph Harkness M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Harkness
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Does My Child Have Chicken Pox?
The chicken pox virus is dangerous for pregnant women who were not vaccinated or did not undergo this infectious disease before pregnancy. The toxic part of the virus can lead to congenital (inborn) defects in a fetus and in severe cases, even to its death. The causing agent is a virus called...
- Head Motions Offer Insight into Autism for Girls
Autism was always considered to be a boy’s disorder. Girls are diagnosed with autism, too, but at a much lower rate; five times as many boys are diagnosed with autism as are girls.That may not necessarily be because boys have autism more frequently than girls, though. It is possible that girls...
- Dr. Shea A Cronley MD1233 Locust St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Brian D. Hanna M.D.3401 34th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104
- Mrs. Uma Kamineni M.D.2510 N Front St Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19133
- Dr. Cynthia D. Villasis MD250 East Rose Tree Road Media Pennsylvania 19063
- Dr. Jeffrey P. Bomze MD1201 County Line Road Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010
- Dr. Melissa-gayle M Sanchez M.D.1113 S PARK VICTORIA DR MILPITAS CA 95035