Dr. Lisa Palivos practices Emergency Medicine in Chicago, IL. Dr. Palivos assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Palivos examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Cook County Hosp, Emergency Medicine; Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Lisa R Palivos M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Dr. Lisa R Palivos M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Dr. Nancy Qusba M.D.1254 Ogden Ave Downers Grove IL 60515
- Sudip Bose474 Northlake Shore Drive Chicago Illinois 60611
- Armando Marquez Jr. Other3225 Wenonah Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402
- Dr. David I. Rosen M.D.1535 Lake Cook Rd Northbrook IL 60062
- Dr. Chowdary Adusumilli M.D.1044 N Francisco Ave Chicago IL 60622
- Dr. Edgardo Correa MD326 W 64th St Chicago IL 60621