Dr. Carol Lowery is a psychologist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Lowery specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Lowery evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Lowery because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Carol R Lowery PHD's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40509Get Direction
Dr. Carol R Lowery PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Aquatic Therapy Benefit Children with Autism?
Children with autism face a ton of obstacles and challenges throughout their day to day lives. Parents, researchers, and medical professionals work tirelessly to try and find new ways of helping children with autism with sensory disabilities. There are a host of new therapies and techniques that...
- Adolescents with Autism Need Better Access to Sex Education
Romance and intimacy are parts of life, and have been scientifically proven to add to emotional security and good mental health. When someone desires a relationship but isn't able to attain one, a common effect is depression, loneliness, a lessened feeling of self-worth, and feelings of isolation...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), also known as chronic anxiety neurosis, is a condition characterized by excessive anxiety and worry about common occurrences and everyday life events. It’s quite normal to feel anxious when there is a reason to worry, such as financial instability. However, a...
- Dr. Colby Rebecca Cohen-archer PHD2365 Harrodsburg Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. Caitlin Nmi Allen PH.D.73 Riverwalk Pl Memphis TN 38103
- Dr. Edward Owsley Marshall PH.D.460 Marblerock Way Lexington KY 40503
- Anita Lakes LPA300 Foxglove Dr Mount Sterling KY 40353
- Dr. William J. Meegan PH.D.637 Sayre Ave Lexington KY 40508
- Susan Gaffield MS3470 Blazer Pkwy Lexington KY 40509