Dr. Virginia Shiller is a psychologist practicing in New Haven, CT. Dr. Shiller specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Shiller evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Shiller because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Science and advocacy issues in research on children of gay and lesbian parents.
- Therapeutic work with a physically abused preschooler.
- Latency-aged children with attachment disturbances: a conjoint treatment model.
- Joint versus maternal custody for families with latency age boys: parent characteristics and child adjustment.
Dr. Virginia Marie Shiller PHD's Practice location
New Haven, CT 06511Get Direction
Dr. Virginia Marie Shiller PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training?
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?It is your own way of discussing:...
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- Facing Condescension and Misunderstanding with Autism
Marta Rusek was unaware that she had autism until her adult life; however, she found it enabled her to be a more powerful version of herself.Before her autism diagnosisMarta knew for most of her life that she wasn't like everyone else. She couldn't necessarily put her finger on what it was, but she...
- What Is Tourette’s?
Tourette’s syndrome is characterized by vocalization and movements that are involuntary and repetitive. It is a type of tic disorder. The pioneer Dr George Gilles De La Tourette first discovered the condition in 1885 in an eighty-six-year-old French noblewoman. Typically, in childhood, early...
- What Is Intrinsic Motivation?
Intrinsic motivation is a type of behavior, which is driven or fueled by internal rewards. It involves engaging in a behavior, in which a person finds it as personally rewarding. Essentially, a person performs an activity not to receive external rewards, but for his or her own...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- Melissa Lavin62 Montoya Drive Branford Connecticut 6405
- Dr. Kristin Johnson Dinatale PSY.D.350 Center St Wallingford CT 06492
- Dr. Laura R Jarett PH. D.88 River Edge Farms Rd Madison CT 06443
- Dr. Randi Schnur PH.D.26 Chamberlain Hwy Berlin CT 06037
- Dr. Orit Borkowski Batey PH.D.35 Fawn Rd Easton CT 06612
- Caroline Bliss Adelman PHD230 S Frontage Rd New Haven CT 06519